With such a fantastic range, it may be hard to chose which is the best ghd styler for you. In this article we come up with our tips on what is important to consider when purchasing a ghd plus our top picks. We also have How To Use videos for all stylers and a comparison chart on on their features.
Here is the full Headstart Guide to help you choose!
Top Tips to Consider:
- How long is your hair ?
- If your hair is medium to long we suggest the ghd Platinum+
- If you have extra long or thick hair we suggest the ghd Max
- If you have short hair we suggest ghd Mini
- How often will you style It ?
- If everyday we suggest the ghd Platinum+
- If only once a week the ghd Gold will work well
- Will you straighten & curl or just straighten ?
- To straighten & curl, go for the ghd Platinum+ Range with the rounded barrel
- Condition of hair - is it coloured or damaged ?
- If you have coloured or damaged hair try and go for the ghd Platinum + range as the 3 sensor plates mean your hair will be in contact with the heat less
- If you hair is not coloured and in good condition the ghd Gold is a great choice
Featuring breakthrough ultra-zone predictive technology, the ghd platinum+ styler recognises each section of hair and adapts the temperature to ensure the optimum temperature of 185ºC is consistent across the two plates allowing for 70% stronger hair*, 20% more shine and 2x more colour protection.
The heat is monitored 250 times per second and through its predictive technology, the styler recognises the thickness of your hair and speed at which you are styling and adjusts accordingly so you get unbeatable results personalised to you.
- Ultra-zone with predictive technology: the latest breakthrough in heat styling which guarantees even heat across the whole plate, allowing consistent beautiful results in one stroke.
- Wishbone hinge for perfect plate alignment giving you more control to create any style
- Advanced, precision milled, floating plates with a high spec gloss finish, for effortless, perfectly smooth styling and shine
- Heat resistant protective plate guard so you can take your style and your styler wherever you want
- Universal voltage to deliver the same outstanding performance wherever you are in the world
- Automatic sleep mode to switch your styler off after 30 minutes of non-use, for peace of mind
3 years manufacturer's guarantee
ghd get the Look using Platinum+ | New Bohemian
All hair types especially medium to long hair as with the dual zone heating technology the plates touch the hair for less time as you do not need to run the stylers through your hair multiple times
Price: $385 (4 x $96.25 interest free payments fortnightly with Afterpay)
The ghd gold® professional styler – a straightener proven to deliver sleeker, smoother and healthier-looking hair*.
Featuring dual-zone technology for premium performance, the ghd gold® straightener is equipped with two next-generation heat sensors. There’s one across each styling plate, evenly maintaining the optimum styling temperature of 185ºC from root to tip – and it heats up in just 25 seconds.
- New dual-zone technology: two new generation heat sensors instead of one; controls the optimum heat from root to tip for smoother, sleeker & healthier looking hair*
- Optimum styling temperature of 185°C: any hotter damages the hair, any cooler and the result is compromised.
- Smooth, contoured floating plates: glide through hair for quick, frizz-free styling and enhanced salon shine.
- Sleek design and round barrel: for versatile, snag-free styling, quickly and easily.
- Heat resistant protective plate guard: take your style and your styler wherever you want.
- Automatic sleep mode: switches off if not used for 30 minutes.
- 2 years manufacturer's guarantee
ghd Get The Look Using ghd Gold | Gold Wave
Great all rounder with updated technology that straightens, curls and waves to perfection.
Price: $325 (4 x $81.25 interest free payments fortnightly with Afterpay)
The first professional hot brush from ghd which tames and smooths dry hair quickly and effortlessly.
Perfect for second day hair, the ceramic technology with ioniser heats up the brush consistently to the optimum styling temperature of 185ºC for guaranteed healthier looking hair. The ions within the brush eliminate frizz so hair is transformed in just a few quick strokes.
To give you extra peace of mind while styling, the ghd glide will go into an automatic sleep mode which switches off after 60 minutes of non-use and with a professional length 2.7m cable, you have flexibility to style wherever you are.
- ceramic technology and ioniser for taming hair and eliminating frizz
- combination of high density shorter and longer bristles for larger sections of hair to be styled
- optimum stying temperature of 185ºC for guaranteed gorgeous, healthy looking hair
- automatic sleep mode for extra peace of mind
- 2 years manufacturer's guarantee
ghd Get The Look Using The ghd Glide Brush | Second Day Smooth
Anyone in a rush that sometimes do not have time to use their regular straighteners. the Glide Hot Brush achieves great smooth hair in seconds. Awesome for creating healthy second day hair.
Price: $260 (4 x $65 interest free payments fortnightly with Afterpay)
---------------------------------------------ghd Air Hair Dryer
The 2,100W motor makes it much more powerful than a normal hairdryer, while the body itself is shaped to give you a faster blow-dry. Variable power and temperature controls, plus a styling nozzle, allow you to tailor your blow-dry to your hair type, while a cool shot button helps you set your style in place with a blast of cold air.
The ghd air® is also a breeze to use thanks to an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to hold for both left and right-handed users, and a 3m long power cable that gives total flexibility as you dry. It’s not just hot air, it’s a breath of fresh air.
- Professional strength 2,100 Watt AC motor at 240v
- Advanced ionic technology
- Variable power and temperature controls, including cool shot
- Ergonomic design for right and left handed users
- 3m power cable
- Weighing 1.54kg
- 2 Years manufacturer's guarantee
ghd Get The Look Using The ghd Air Hair Dryer | Blow Dry Bed Head
The ghd air® doesn’t just dry your hair, it uses advanced ionic technology to lock in moisture for softer, shinier results that last for longer, with far less frizzing.
Price: $265 (4 x $66.25 interest free payments fortnightly with Afterpay)
ghd Product Comparison Chart